Proverbe chinois

Si nous avons chacun un objet et nous nous les échangeons, nous avons chacun un objet. Par contre, si nous avons chacun une idée et que nous nous les échangeons, nous avons chacun deux idées.

mercredi 6 février 2008

Citation I

Un photographe que je respecte beaucoup a dit quelque chose de très juste qui se rapproche un peu de ce que j'ai écrit dans «The best people make the best photographs». C'est un de mes contacts sur Photo.net, il s'appelle Jack McRitchie et demeure au Japon depuis une vingtaine d'années.

«Although I don't consciously impose any theme on my picture, it's inevitable that they reflect my outlook on life. I guess this is as true for me as for you or any of us. The idea of multi-dimensionality, that there is no set reality but rather an infinite number of co-existent interpretations and possibilities, is something that as long fascinated me because the implications are so profound. Photography seems an appropriate medium for investigating this idea since taking pictures is peculiarly dependent on how we see the world around us at particuliar moment in time. Each day's photography is an adventure hopefully carrying us into new and uncharted territory where the social blinders are slipped off for awhile and we see the world afresh.»

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Diaporama du projet Limites de la rationalité